Millet with Cauliflower
1 C Millet
½ C Cauliflower (cut in larger chunks)
2 C Filtered Water
1 pinch Sea Salt
- Rinse millet thoroughly in a stainless steel pot (with a tight fitting lid). Use strainer to drain out all water.
- Add measured filtered water to grain.
- Add cauliflower.
- Add sea salt.
- Bring to gentle boil uncovered (the water bubbles should be forming but not fully boiling).
- Cover with tight fitting lid and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Turn off flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and gently mix grain with wooden spatula.
- Serve with Gomashio or pumpkin seeds.
1C Chickpeas (soaked)
1″ Kombu (soaked)
1C Vegetables cut into smaller pieces: carrots, celery, red onion, baby corn, parsnip, and red radishes
2C Filtered Water
1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
1 tsp. Umeboshi vinegar
1 tsp. Mirin or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Wash and soak chickpeas with kombu for several hours or overnight. Discard soaking water.
- After soaking, add fresh water and bring to a gentle boil uncovered (the water bubbles should be forming but not fully boiling).
- Cover with tight fitting lid and simmer on low heat for approximately 1 hour. Add water as needed to prevent burning.
- In another pot, bring 4C water to a rapid boil and add veggies: carrots, red radishes, parsnip and baby corn first, then less dense veggies (red onion, celery). Each veggie should be cooked in rapid boiling water for no more then 1 minute. Strain after done.
- Add blanched veggies to chickpeas, add rice vinegar, umeboshi vinegar and mirin (or Apple Cider Vinegar), mix well and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Hijiki with Raisins and Onions
½ C Hijiki Seaweed (soak and it will triple in size)
¼ C Raisins
¼ C Filtered Water
½ Yellow Onion (cut in half moons)
½ tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
½ tsp. Barley Malt
½ tsp. Soy Sauce (shoyu)
5-10 drops Fresh Ginger Juice (grate ginger on porcelain grater, squeeze out juice)
1 tsp. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Soak hijiki 30 min in cold water. Discard soaking water.
- Put hijiki in a pan, with raisins and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce flame to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, until water evaporates. Add little water occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add sliced onion, stir, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add toasted sesame oil, barley malt, soy sauce, and 5 drops of fresh squeeze ginger juice. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted sunflower seeds.