Quinoa with Pumpkin Seeds
1 C Quinoa
2 C Filtered Water
1 pinch Sea Salt
1 tsp. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a stainless steel pot (with a tight fitting lid). Use strainer to drain out all water.
- Add measured filtered water to quinoa.
- Add sea salt.
- Bring to gentle boil uncovered (the water bubbles should be forming but not fully boiling).
- Cover with tight fitting lid and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn off flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and gently mix quinoa with wooden spatula.
- Serve with sprinkled pumpkin seeds on the top.
½ block Firm or Extra Firm Tofu
6 drops Shoyu Soy Sauce per slice of tofu (3 drops per side)
2 Tbs. Light Sesame Oil
½ tsp. Italian Seasoning (mix)
- Cut tofu lengthwise in ½ inch thin slices.
- Lay tofu slices next to each other on a cutting board. Cover with another cutting board and place something heavy on top. Let sit for 20 minutes making sure the liquid from the tofu drains properly.
- On each side of tofu place 3-4 drops of shoyu and spread across with a finger or brush.
- Sprinkle Italian Seasoning on top of tofu.
- Heat the oil in a stainless steel skillet on a medium flame (make sure the oil doesn’t burn).
- Pan-fry tofu for 2-3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook / burn.
- Place cooked tofu on a plate with paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Serve and eat while tofu is still warm.
Cabbage – Cucumber Salad
3 C Green Cabbage (fine chopped)
1 Long or 3 Short Persian Cucumbers (1/4 inch sliced)
4-5 Red Radishes (sliced fine, in ½ moons)
1 Roma Tomato (sliced fine, in ½ moons)
3 tsp. Umeboshi Vinegar
3 tsp. Brown Rice Vinegar
3 tsp. Mirin
½ tsp. Sea Salt
- Combine all cut veggies
- Add sea salt, then rice vinegar, then Umeboshi vinegar, then mirin.
- Mix well and serve.