Long Grain Red & Brown Rice
1 C Long Grain Red & Brown Rice
2 C Filtered Water
1 pinch Sea Salt
- Rinse rice a few times in a stainless steel pot (with tight fitting lid) and until the water is clear. Use strainer to drain rice from any excess water.
- Add filtered water to rice.
- Add sea salt.
- Bring to gentle boil uncovered (the water bubbles should be forming but not fully boiling).
- Cover with tight fitting lid and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Turn off flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and gently mix the rice with wooden spatula.
Serve with Gomashio (sesame seeds and sea salt condiment).
Black Beans with Quick Sautéed Veggies
1 can Eden Black Beans (already prepared, or make your own)
1 C Total Veggies: Carrots, Onion and Corn (carrots and onion cut into small pieces)
1 Tbs. Light Sesame Oil
½ tsp. Sea Salt
½ tsp. Italian Seasoning (mix)
1 tsp. Cilantro (chopped for garnish)
- Drain beans of liquid and set aside (or make your own Black Beans: 1C Black Beans and 2C Filtered Water cooked for approximately 1-1 ½ hour).
- Heat the oil in a stainless steel skillet on a medium flame (make sure the oil doesn’t burn).
- Sauté veggies for about 8-10 minutes adding 1 pinch of sea salt some 5 minutes into cooking to bring out flavors. Stir frequently. Veggies should be crisp but cooked. Do not overcook.
- Season with sea salt and Italian seasoning and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro as garnish on top.
Quick Boiled Baby Bok Choy
6-8 Baby Bok Choy
4 C Filtered Water
½ tsp. Umeboshi Vinegar
½ tsp. Brown Rice Vinegar
- Wash baby bok choy thoroughly without tearing apart leaves.
- Bring approx. 4 C of filtered water to rapid boil in a stainless steel pot (with a light bottom).
- Add baby bok choy and boil for 30 seconds.
- Let baby bok choy cool and season with a mix of umeboshi vinegar and rice vinegar.